Friday, February 5, 2010

Chocolate-y Goodness

There is a delightful little chocolate borough just on the outskirts of Niagara on the lake: Chocolate F/X. Chocolate F/X has been in operation for five years (today being their 5th year anniversary), and is owned by a couple who reside in Burlington.

As you walk into the shop, the smell of chocolate-y goodness welcomes you, as well as the friendly staff. While you are looking around, your taste buds start to water because of that delicious aroma and from all the chocolate displayed in front of your eyes. Fortunately, you can satisfy those taste buds by partaking in one, or two (or more), complimentary samples in the corner of the shop. Chocolate F/X has over fifty-five different flavours and are continually experimenting with different flavours to come up with another delicious chocolate-y creation. Lucky for me, I was able to try one of their newest concoctions, a rice krispie (sans-marshmallow) with peanut butter dipped in chocolate with nuts and chocolate chips inside. It was quite tasty!

The Valentine's Day special is their chocolate covered strawberries, and may I say, they did look quite tempting. Around Valentines day, they sell approximately four-thousand chocolate covered strawberries, but don't worry, they do take orders of that deliciously sinful Valentine's day dessert.

Of course, I couldn't go to a chocolate store and leave empty handed. I left with their most popular item; the red chocolate covered cherries, which turned out to be my favourite as well, and I pictured myself eating a few with a glass of Cabernet Franc.

If you want to feel like a kid in a candy store, or should I say a chocolate store, may I recommend Chocolate F/X. They are opened daily from 10am to 6pm and they are located at 25 Niagara Stone Road. And if you want those scrumptious chocolate covered strawberries, you better hurry!

1 comment: